Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Circle Journal Cover...

I finished my Circle Journal cover - yeayyyy!!! I had so much fun with this! My theme is "scrap a song lyric and include a photo of yourself." I decided to title the journal "Self-Portraits in Song," It's made from the record album cover that came in my SiStv Homebody collection, cut down to 9 1/2" x 8 3/4." Here's the front...After glueing on some sheet music, I used spray ink and purple acrylic to muddy the background a little bit. I wanted it to still show but allow the bird to stand out. The bird is painted with acrylic and outlined with a black sharpie. His telephone wire is made from dictionary paper. The title is painted and outlined as well.

Here's the inside front cover. I used the latest technique challenge from The Next Step, which is to use charcoal for highlighting. It's very subtle, but I charcoaled around the edge of the sheet music...
and I also charcoaled around the scallops on the inside of the back cover. I like the effect. It gives it a little extra whimsy...

and here's the back cover, which is also the back of the record album...

I still have to add a middle ring (I only had two handy), but other than that it is done!

So, I'm SLIGHTLY behind on my goal of completing all 7 Circle Journal layouts this week - I've only done one plus this cover. LOL. I've still got the rest of the weekend tho, so we shall see...

I'm so excited to get my Studio Calico kits I can hardly stand it! Happy mail is so much fun!

I'll be back tomorrow with another update - hopefully more circle journal layouts!

Take care and thanks for stopping by!
You have read this article with the title Circle Journal Cover.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/05/circle-journal-cover.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Circle Journal Cover..."