Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

CI comparison/support system

Yesterday, we met our old friends (partners) at restaurant as they were in the town from Washington state. So weird! We have something in common! One of partners has CI (cochlear implants). They learned that I have one... and we agreed to meet for the dinner and discuss. How interesting... K and I have so much similar and Hollie and B have so much similar. So weird! We chatted. Interesting experience that they went through. We have different brand of CI. She did not have any side effects (lucky gal!). I do have side effect - dizziness and ringing in the ear (it will go away in few weeks as doctor said - I hope). She had surgery and 7 days later - activation day! For me - 3-4 weeks to heal then activate the CI. Wow... She has only maybe 1 and 1/2 inches long cut. For me - as you see the picture - more than 3 inches!

She loves it!!! She believes that I will love it. Her partner B will not get one just like Hollie. We laughed and chatted all night. It was nice to see them! It's also nice to know the lesbian couple went through similar as us. Now we all know where to get support from... They asked me questions - why, what does people react all that.... I told her that I had several similar reaction... You... You...TONYA ... get/have CI... I would understand if Hollie but YOU... Interesting... Hollie will never get it as she said. We laughed... thought it was interesting.. because they were reacting same thing as other people - TONYA!! Are you sure its right person - Tonya - not hollie... the Tall one? or the short one? all those questions to make sure its a right person! so funny... I also had an interesting reaction from one person - I thought you were in DEAF WORLD culture all that.. I said - Yes I'm still in that world. That will never stop as it is my world... the only thing that I want to hear the sounds - that does NOT means that I have to end or stop being in DEAF world... I can't! I will be always in DEAF world no matter what... Interesting....
Same thing with pregnancy part. A lot of people were surprised that I carried both kids. Most of our friends thought Hollie carried! Hello.... Why can't I be pregnant? Am I too butch to be pregnant? (psst..kj - i still am butch! ;o) ) LOL

Updates on CI

I'm getting much better than before... Dizziness that drives me crazy. Contacted with doctor and he was surprised that I'm having those dizziness and ringing in the ear. When I moved like lay down then get up.. it does makes me dizzy. But... Today is much better than past few days... I'm looking at the bright side... Am looking forward to hear the sounds on June 3rd. I will try to video taping on activation day since Hollie wont be there... :o( she wishes she could be there to see... My mom wants to be there too... :o( I will go alone... Umm.. I'll think of someone to come with me - maybe I will ask CR. Will ask her tmr and see what she has to say... :o)

Mikaela is starting to understand what's CI is after she met K that she has bilateral CIs. K showed her what it looks like and all that. Mikaela was so awe with it. We also explained that we have different kind of brands but functionally basic same.
You have read this article with the title CI comparison/support system. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/05/ci-comparisonsupport-system.html. Thanks!

No comment for "CI comparison/support system"