Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Cardiology Appointment Today!


Carly has a Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)


What It Is ventricular septal defect?


The septum is a wall that separates the heart's left and right sides. Septal defects are sometimes called a "hole" in the heart. A defect between the heart's two lower chambers (the ventricles) is called a ventricular septal defect (VSD).

When there is a large opening between the ventricles, a large amount of oxygen-rich (red) blood from the heart's left side is forced through the defect into the right side. Then it's pumped back to the lungs, even though it's already been refreshed with oxygen. This is inefficient, because already-oxygenated blood displaces blood that needs oxygen. This means the heart, which must pump more blood, may enlarge from the added work. High blood pressure may occur in the lungs' blood vessels because more blood is there. Over time, this increased pulmonary hypertension may permanently damage the blood vessel walls.

If the opening between the ventricles is small, it doesn't strain the heart. In that case, the only abnormal finding is a loud murmur.


The doctor thinks its small by the sound of it, but we're going to get an ultrasound to be sure this is the proper diagnosis. All her tests came out great today. She's grown two more inches in length too! :)

It was sad. I asked a girl how old her son was and she told me he was 6 weeks old. Turns out we both had our babies with the same nurse at the SAME hospital, only they took her baby away from her for OPEN HEART SURGERY at two days old! I'm sure she was absolutely terrified. She had an amazing attitude and her baby boy seemed to be recovering.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting my mother to turn in Carly's Birth Certificate application. I haven't seen her since Carly's birth and the whole blog incident. She got poison oak, so she's been contagious up until now. Tina has a meeting tomorrow morning and my mom really wants to see Carly, so I figured it would be nice if she was there to help me, while I turned in her application.
Tina and I are scheduled to meet our GAY FRIENDLY therapist at 2pm. Tina actually went to her when she lost her job over a year ago and we had our four day break up. Our friends D and K referred her to us. I spoke to the therapist on the phone the other day and she seemed SO friendly! She was thrilled to hear Tina and I were still together. We're planning on bringing Carly with us to the appointment. I hope we schedule her feeding time just right.






Here's some cute crib shots!!! I love her squishy little arms! :)
You have read this article with the title Cardiology Appointment Today!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/05/cardiology-appointment-today.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Cardiology Appointment Today!"