Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Yikes! Nipple Confusion!

Scary! Today Carly got really frustrated when I gave her my breast at feeding time. She had an early morning breastfeeding followed by the left breast bottle and then we went to the pediatrician and I gave her 2 ounces of pumped milk in the car. She also got to have her pacifier all morning, so when we got home she was not wanting to suck when she was at the boob. She started crying and getting pissed. Finally after trying and trying we decided to give her a bottle because she was getting so mad. I was worried Carly would never want my breast again and to rub it in Tina spoke to her business partner who said that the most important thing is for Carly to be breast feeding. What's the big deal if she doesn't breast feed really? If she's drinking breast milk she's getting all the health benefits, but the milk is just coming from the bottle? Are people concerned that she won't get that bonding time with me? Its true drinking from the bottle is over in minutes compared to a long slow eating session at the breast. I felt a little sad that our breast feeding sessions could be over already.
We took Carly outside for a little sun. The pediatrician said she was a little jaundice. (She gained two ounces since Thursday by the way and she's now only three ounces less then her original birth weight.) The sun felt so good, I decided to let Carly give it another try on the breast outside in the privacy of our backyard. We didn't bother using the breast friend..I just cradled her next to me. It took her a few times. She just sat there not sucking, but holding onto it. I squeezed my nipple and milk dripped out, so it shouldn't be that hard for her to breastfeed now. In fact, my left breast started leaking milk on its own while Carly was feeding on the right. I am officially a milk machine now.
We successfully had another breastfeeding session exactly three hours from our last. Carly is so on schedule! After the right breast she did her usual fall asleep routine and then started rooting again after I pumped my left. My poor left boob was ready to explode! So, Tina got to feed her and Carly got to have the bottle again. :) It cracks me up what she does with her mouth when drinking from the bottle.
You have read this article with the title Yikes! Nipple Confusion!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/04/yikes-nipple-confusion.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Yikes! Nipple Confusion!"