Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

A pink day!

Guess what? My little cream colored felt and button dress made the Catwalk at SIS! I am thrilled, and as promised, here is the little pink 60s sheath with its own Barbie hanger. These are so fun and easy to make.
This is the newest page in my art journal (for the Art Journal 102 class) and it's all about texture. I gessoed the page and just couldn't wait for the gesso to dry to begin so I stuck the buttons in the gesso, painted the green paint on, stuck the paper pieces on(torn from a watercolor practice page that I did yesterday), and suddently the page became a rose garden so I made roses from paint, tried to stamp on leaves but basically they became embossed, wrote on some journaling about reading Amy Lowell poetry, and used a pencil to draw a stem and leaves in the gesso. What fun! To tell you how obsessed I became with the garden theme, I even sprayed some rose cologne on it. It is amazing how these pages are helping me become less editorial and critical of my work - after all, this is fun and what if it is awful: at least I learned something and it's only paper and paint supplies, and I have a big trash bin in the garage. LOL

You have read this article art journaling with the title A pink day!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/03/pink-day.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A pink day!"