Then after that email I received one from the assisstant principal asking to set up a meeting to talk more about the issue we had been discussing before...That email took my breath away...I felt like, okay here it is...I'm going to be fired like my friend. I called my BTSA support provider who is helping me get my credential finalized and she came right over to meet me. She told me she'd go sit in the meeting with me for support. I was so scared. We walked over to the assistant principal's office and she was available to speak to us. She was really friendly. I asked her what was going on and she started off the conversation with, "Don't Lie, I need you to be honest..." (Ahh, What?) Then she proceeded to say," I know this student has been showing up to your 5th period." Then she told me that she was friends with S and it all rang a bell who this student was what she was talking about. S had asked if her friend could sit in the class with us, because she was a guest staying at her house. I didn't realize she was even a student at our school. I allowed it..and the friend came to class for the next few days. The vice principal told me that the student was in fact a student at our school and she had missed her 5th period class for the majority of 2nd semester. She told me that under no circumstances should anyone be in the classroom other than my own students. I felt like such a dork. I was like, "UH, okay I'm sorry. It won't happen again." She said if you are unsure of something just call the office and ask. She told me that my Evaluation went really well and they don't want to lose me. I was SO relieved. I told her that I was really on edge because of what happened to Mrs. M. (my friend).
She said she was afraid that was the case. It was so good having my BTSA support provider there to witness everything that was said. She was so sweet and supportive. I was SOOOO relieved that things went the way they did. I thought I was going to go into labor right there and then. I kept thinking...I can't lose my job. We won't be able to buy a house and we'll have to go on COBRA for medical insurance and we're about to have a baby!!!
So, that was my day. We ended the evening with a reunion with friends I adored in high school. We have recently gotten back in touch thanks to class.mates and face.book. We have so much to catch up on. Each of them recently had kids. Tina hit it off with them too. So much to be grateful for...
You have read this article with the title ALMOST GOT FIRED YESTERDAY!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/03/almost-got-fired-yesterday.html. Thanks!
No comment for "ALMOST GOT FIRED YESTERDAY!"
Post a Comment