In the MEANTIME....the 2 boys were playing with Syd's aqua doodle. I had filled the pen 3 times for Spencer. Cameron seemed good to just oversee Spencer's hard work.
I finally had Syd working quietly....and as timing always has it, Nathan started squawking. I walked over to him glancing down the hall on my way to pick him up and what should catch my eye. Cameron....balancing what could only be a full glass of something on his way to Syd's room. I ignored Nathan and quickly made my way down the hall. There was a trail of wet splashes down the hall from the bathroom leading to Syd's room. Cameron was wet and sure enough...the aqua doodle was puddled with water and yes....little pieces of toilet paper. What this means people....is that the water was coming from the toilet....and it wasn't flushed the last time it was used. Which in our house with a 4 year old is not unheard of.
GAWDDAMN ! I immediately started repeating "Godfrey" which is what I say when I can't say other 4 letter words for fear of little ears falling prey.
I snatched Cameron up who had slipped in the hall on the water and had fallen and was now crying. Nathan who was mostly bitching before is now screaming at the top of his lungs which put Ryan in distress who has now joined in. I stripped Cameron down and washed him off.
Syd is now asking what happened....what did Cameron do....what did he do in the toilet....and then started crying too because I took her aqua doodle and threw it in the tub. (she realized what had happened and what was on her aqua doodle)
My heartbeat is beginning to pound in my ears because of all of the screaming and poor babies I can't get you just yet because I have to mop up this damn water that's all over the floor.
The babies cries which I was sympathetic to previously are now wearing on my last nerve and I just want to scream at the top of my lungs. SHUT THE FUCK UP E~V~E~R~Y~O~N~E!!
After everything was cleaned up I picked up Ryan, because although Nathan started out crying he wore himself out and is now just bitching again and the squeakiest wheel always gets picked up first.
I put Ryan to sleep. Sydney laid down on a makeshift bed with Nathan and Cam and Spence are now using the remote controls to the trucks their papa gave them as lasers instead of remotes. WHATEVER....at least they are quiet and not playing in the toilet. shit.
I'm breastfeeding for the remainder of the month and then calling it quits.
What the hell you say ?
These little moments happen often. Trouble strikes several times a day when I'm strapped to my pump. I can't baby proof my home anymore to keep these boys out of shit. Honestly. They are experts in the fields of breaking and entering and climbing. I have considered lining the counter tops with barbwire to keep them down.
My goal was to breastfeed to 8 months. I had hoped because my supply has kicked ass that I wouldn't have a problem. but alas.
I've dealt with thrush, chronic clogged ducts, milk blisters, low supply and extremely long nipples. ok so the last one is just a result of pumping. :)
Either way.....I've been on this dirt road long enough...I'm ready for the city funded paved road with occasional road kill.
WHEW ! THAT was a long post.
You have read this article with the title Breastfeeding 5 months. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/01/breastfeeding-5-months.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Breastfeeding 5 months"
Post a Comment