Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

New Projects and Thinking about New Year's...

Can I just say that the November Crop Suey kits ROCK!?! I had so much fun Monday night creating stuff with Bree's Strawberry Cream Gelato kit! I even entered the Dreamgirls challenge! I've looked at their challenges before - they've got an awesome design team and some really fun ideas; but this is the first time I've played along. The challenge is to make a layout about something you are thankful for, and you had to use masking and metal. Here's what I came up with:

Everything I used is from the Crop Suey kit, except for the green number 4. I did the masking with oil crayons, and the metal is a brad that's in the red flower under the 4.

I also made a notecard with the November kit!

So, it's that time of the year again. The time when my thoughts start turning to fresh starts. Have I mentioned that New Year's Eve is my favorite holiday? I love it because it always gives me a chance to honor the year that is coming to a close, as well as think about what I want for the future. A time for re-organizing, re-evaluating and re-prioritizing. I love that. This year has me thinking about a couple of different things that relate to scrapbooking and my art. The first is that I need to purge and reorganize my scraproom. Now, all in all, I love my scrappy studio, but I must admit, there are a lot of little piles and cubbys crammed to the point that I don't know what's where anymore, and that's not a good thing. Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:
Piles of boxes of incoming and outgoing mail.
These plastic drawers don't open and shut very well, so I never go in them. I wonder what's all in there.
Layouts end up stacked on shelves like this when I am done with them, cuz my 2008 album is full and I haven't gotten a new one yet.
and bags of purchases get shoved into a cubby because I don't have a place to put them.

All this just makes me realize I need to tweak my system. Time to purge, sort and reorganize. In the coming months I plan to make it an ongoing task and I will share my progress with you - just in case it's helpful to anyone else who might be in the same boat!

That will be, of course, after I finish the next Project Catwalk challenge, which was just announced today - it's gonna be fun and exciting, and I think its safe to say I'm going to be busy for the next two weeks!

That's it for today friends! I wish you inspiration galore and the confidence to follow your dreams!
You have read this article with the title New Projects and Thinking about New Year's.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/11/new-projects-and-thinking-about-new.html. Thanks!

No comment for "New Projects and Thinking about New Year's..."