I explained to Syd how exciting it was to be a part of history. That we had our first black President. "What a great day !"
She seemed just as excited and said with a giant smile on her face, "I want to see !"
We ran toward the living room together, almost skipping, she turned and went to the family room ?
"Where Mom ?!"
I said, "Come here, you can see him in here."
I pointed to the picture of the ever so poignant newly appointed President of the United States of America, Barack Obama.
"See Syd, this is him...he has brown skin. Do you know how important it is that he is the President ?"
Sydney looked a little perplexed and said, "oooh, I thought you said black present. What's a President ?"
My swelling pride deflated and I told Sydney that Barack was our new boss, to which she replied, "Can I play my computer game ?"
hmm. Well, one day she will get the gravity of this election.
I can't talk about Prop 8. I'm still so angry. I'm angry at the pussy's who because they didn't want to seem bigoted (which they are) or prejudice (which they are) said that they were against it, only to vote yes when in the privacy of their own poll booth. (I believe this happened)
I'm angry at the leadership of the churches for pushing hate. and I'm angry that there was a vote in the first place. This shouldn't be up to the "majority" of the people to decide.
For all of my California peeps struggling to come to terms with this. I'm sorry. I hope that like me, you won't look at your neighbors, family and even friends...thinking...did they REALLY vote no. Are they really supporting MY family, or like the majority did they vote against me.
I'm just so damn sad !
(well, there goes not talking about it)
To soften our fall, and something to soak my hot head in...look at what we woke up to this morning. A blanket of white. The good kind of white. Not the small minded kind. Not the kind filled with hate.
You have read this article with the title Everything Black and White !. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/11/everything-black-and-white.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Everything Black and White !"
Post a Comment