Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Disney on crystal ice

That title is so loaded and I have the picture to prove it.

We went with our friends to Disney on Ice last night. Oh what a difference a year makes.
We have always taken Syd to stuff like this and there is always this layer of dread and stress. Will she be good. Will she sit still. Will she want to go home after 15 minutes. Will she scream and cry and throw a tantrum (maybe not last year, but definitely the 2 years before that)
Like all first moms we wanted her to experience everything so we dragged her ass to this stuff KNOWING that it would probably be stressful and end bad :)
So not the case anymore. She can sit through dinner and a show. She listens to directions...doesn't run off. It's a MIRACLE people. And such a relaxing good night for mom too.

"smile like your favorite princess girls" mmm...ok !




Well except for the lady we sat next to...
The mother next to me was on something. Wearing short shorts in 50 degree weather. I'm pretty sure she was homeless.
She was yelling at the characters like she was a 2 year old. She twitched and did that constant non stop moving thing. Like she was uncomfortable in her own skin.
Her daughter. Katie. Looked to be about 15 months. Maybe 18 months old.
She was better than my Syd was at that age yet her mom kept slamming her on her lap and yelling, "Katie, hold still. Katie. Come on Katie" There were times I would look over to see if she was even doing anything. And then it started. The breastfeeding. She would lay her down in one quick motion and tear up her shirt. Like she was getting a fix or something. And then she'd immediately start howling at something on stage and bring the baby up to see it. Not a minute later and she'd throw her back again and start feeding her. This went on through the whole show. 45 seconds on the boob and then 4 minutes off. 45 seconds on the boob. 4 minutes off.
Katie got down a few times and I guess was pushing against her moms leg to get in to the aisle and she would start with the, "Katie, NO" slam her on her lap and lay her back and breastfeed her. I'll bet she put her to her boob 50 times during the show and I'm NOT exaggerating. If the child would frustrate her it was like her time out was on the boob. I didn't get it.
She would also talk to herself and then she would grab her cell phone and pretend to be talking, laughing, in the middle of it she'd extend her arm out with the phone to take pictures of what was on stage and then toss the phone back in to her purse. HI, if she were talking to someone I guess they are gone now. She did this a dozen times too.
She asked how old I was and if she could take my picture with her cell phone.....I apparently looked JUST like her sister only her sister has blond hair. I declined and told her I was shy. I stayed CLEAR over in my seat so that her elbow would stop nailing me every time she breastfed her and because she smelled and because I didn't want her to talk to me anymore.
Katie fell asleep with maybe 10 minutes of the show to go and as the show was finishing up her mother exited rather quickly. I had it in my head that I would follow her up the stairs after the show and then grab a security officer and point her out. You know, just to make sure little Katie was going to be ok.
It didn't work out and now I'll always wonder. I hope someone else who has that motherly instinct takes action and doesn't wait until it's too late like I did.
I took a picture of them :) I pretended to be taking a picture of me and Syd and TOTALLY took one of the lady.
If anyone knows this woman, get her help ! no people...the one on the right, I mean left ! :)
You have read this article with the title Disney on crystal ice. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/11/disney-on-crystal-ice.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Disney on crystal ice"