So I decided to start Fabulous Food Friday's. Every Friday I will post a new recipe for you to try. The recipe will be one that I have tried and got rave reviews from my friends and family. You can feel confidant that it is a tried and true recipe to serve. Most of my dishes are hits with kids, as I have my own to serve everyday. But, if I choose something that was fabulous to the adult taste buds and not so much to the younger ones, I will make sure to note that for you.
So, Bon Appetit...I hope you will enjoy this and come often to see whats for dinner! Oh yeah, and PLEASE leave comments and let me know what you think, if you like a recipe or not!
Some of you "detail" people my note that it is Saturday, but I come up with this idea last night! And it will be posted in the future on Friday! Enjoy!
Grandma's Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 bottle Russian salad dressing
1 jar Apricot jam or preserves
1 pkg Lipton Onion Dried Soup mix
Chicken pieces of your choice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix salad dressing, jam and onion mix in a bowl until well blended. Place chicken pieces (I use whatever I have on hand, legs, thighs, breasts, bone in or bone out, skin on or skin off...your choice) in casserole dish. Pour sauce over chicken (I also kinda lift the chicken pieces up so the sauce gets a bit under the chicken). Bake for 1 and 1/2 hours or until chicken is done. This recipe makes enough sauce to cover a 9 x 13 casserole dish. It can very easily be cut in half and cover 4-5 piece of chicken in a small casserole dish.
I have yet to meet an adult or kid who did not fall in love with this dish! Enjoy!
You have read this article Fabulous Food Friday's
with the title Fabulous Food Friday's.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/10/fabulous-food-friday_04.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Fabulous Food Friday's..."
Post a Comment