Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Autumn sense-sations


Autumn has always my favorite season and when I think back to past autumns I remember the muted greens of summer suddenly becoming the flagrant reds and oranges of fall, the crunch of the dried leaves as I walked on them on my way home from school, and the annual trips to the Ozarks where we would stop the car on the roadside and walk along collecting bagfuls of black walnuts, English walnuts, and filberts. On one particular trip as we were driving home, we came upon a terrible accident and my parents stopped the car and went to help. My mother was a registered nurse so she was able to help with the victims and my dad helped get the cars off of the little two-lane highway. I still remember the vivid shock when my parents returned to our car and my mother's beautiful rust-colored jacket was covered with blood. That sounds pretty gruesome but I remember how proud I was that my parents were able to give assistance to those who needed it.


Living in Florida, we don't get much real fall-like weather. In fact, we usually have to run the a/c until the first of November. No matter, I still put out decorations and try to get the seasonal feelings.



A poem about October, my favorite month - some really great people have birthdays in October - hint, hint.


O hushed October morning mild,

Begin the hours of this day slow.

Make the day seem to us less brief.

Hearts not averse to being beguiled...

"October" by Robert Frost
You have read this article autumn / October with the title Autumn sense-sations. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/10/autumn-sense-sations.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Autumn sense-sations"