IT COMES EQUIPPED WITH 12 COMFORTABLE SEATS, ROOM FOR A DOUBLE STROLLER IN THE BACK AND A BUTTON TO TURN OFF THE ANTI SKID CONTROL ON THE DASHBOARD. IT DRIVES MORE LIKE A TRUCK AND WILL COST $120.00 (this week) TO FILL WITH GAS, AND IT'S ALL MINE.
This bitch barely fit in to my garage and I still laugh when I look out the back door. I mean, crack my ass up....I can't believe this is really my life now, feelings flood my body.
It doesn't have temperature, compass and mileage at a glance like the mini van had. No electric doors, no stow and go, no stereo control buttons on the steering wheel, which you always thought was stupid until you were sitting at the helm of this big white ford beast van, trying to stay on the road while reaching over to put in a Laurie Berkner CD. DAMN ! The controls are nearly 12 feet away.
I do feel a piece of my pride was lost while driving it home last night. I was glad to pull in to my driveway at 11 pm so that my neighbors wouldn't all point and laugh. We told them we were getting one, but to see this beast up close. holy shit. IT'S HUGE. Like GINORMOUSLY LARGE. on a scale of 1-Big it's pretty damn big Bob. It makes J's truck, which is a small truck in the lesbian world of trucks, look like a hotwheel toy.
I'm certain we will be laughed at wherever we go...but our choices were this or nothing. We weren't going to crawl over seats to buckle kids in and the price of the other vehicles were like $25-40,000.00 any ways. this baby was $15,000. I need to cross stitch this and hang it from my rear view mirror to help me remember, because I don't know how much of the laughing I can take :) I'm feeling slightly vulnerable.
I really didn't think I would, but seriously...it's that big.
On the way home from buying it last night (we drove to Idaho to pick it up) I would laugh and point at the extended version, full sized, 15 passenger vans and would say "ha ha, you're bigger than we are"
We are calling her Baverly, for B-ig A-ss V-an erly.
STOP LAUGHING !!! I'm serious. it's hurting my feelings.

We had our doctors appointment yesterday. We can't fly to California this next week as planned. She doesn't feel comfortable with it. I asked her to go with us, but she can't go on Tuesday or Wednesday....DAMN.
I am on bed rest until July 4th. Dr. Hottie thought that it would be a good "Independence day" for me ! smart ass. I will be 34 weeks then. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.
My cervix is holding strong but I am contracting regularly and am currently taking my regular doses of nifediprine to ward them off.
I can get up and make dinner and shower etc....but I am not supposed to pick the kids up or fly to CA. to get legally married before the other 48 states bitch loud and hard enough to renege the WHOLE DAMN THING and then it will be too late for us.
Gotta go, Syd has Gymnastics and Dr. Hottie didn't say anything about driving Baverly 2 blocks away to sit and read The New Earth for an hour while waiting. WHICH by the way has turned out to be an ok book thus far. It really does have some good things to ponder. Maybe I'll write about them in another post. Right now I need to read it and re discover how owning a HUGE ASS VAN doesn't define me or have any control over my ego if I don't let it.
You have read this article with the title And they called her BAVerly. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/06/and-they-called-her-baverly.html. Thanks!
No comment for "And they called her BAVerly"
Post a Comment