Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Au Pair-ently you had questions.

I am the WORST at answering questions. HORRIBLE. I forget. Blame it on the pregnancy brain.
WHICH by the way has been STATISTICALLY, CLINICALLY, RESEARCHICALLY proven to be in fact a fact. NO, not that I am the worst at answering questions. but that "pregnancy brain" does exist.
I am the perfect person to study if you know someone who knows someone who is writing a dissertation on this subject.
I can't remember words. Simple words. Every day words. They are lost in a hormonal frenzy and after circulating through my blood, over the placenta they exit in my pee.
APPARENTLY it takes 5 years for them to return. I've been pregnant for the last 5 years. explains a lot dudn't it.
No, I don't really know how long but I worry that they will never come back.
(even typing this...the word "exist" escaped my brain and I had to pregnancy pause and search for it. It's bad people)

How to find a nanny, For idiots :
We went on a few nanny web sites that were recommended to us. You can look over the applicants for free but to get their contact information you have to pay a fee (the ones we looked in to ranged from $60.00-$120.00).
What you are paying for is detail about your nanny, what they are looking for what they are willing to do, down to their height and weight (I still don't really get that)
They do a background check on them(which I'm certain isn't fool proof).
Either way...it's all right there. Once you sign up and put your profile in, you mark favorites, they find you and can mark you as a potential favorite. The site will send you who they think you match up with. Then you pick one and hope that they pick you too.
Relatively simple really.

We chose to go the Au Pair way for several reasons.
1) cost. It is quite a bit cheaper to bring someone in over farming the kids out. You wouldn't think so, but even using our inexpensive Ms. Monique, we are saving $400.00 a month this way.
Some nannies and most with experience would have cost the same as if we took them to daycare...which is why we went the not a lot of experience route.
I will be home so we aren't too worried about that.

2)The kids stay in their own environment. They don't have to get up at 6:30 am so Mommy J can fight them all the way to daycare leaving them in tears for the wonderful Ms. Monique to deal with.

3) They don't have to share time with any other kids.

4)I can still see them, hear them, be around them, kiss them, hug them ANY OLD TIME I WANT :)

We put Syd in daycare when I went on bed rest with the boys at 29 weeks. I missed her SO MUCH !
I hated that I was just laying around and couldn't hug her little body all day.

PLUS..PLUS...PLUS....THE BIGGEST BONUS. Let me just tell you.
Nicole's willing to work some nights and weekends if we decide to go out. She will be here when we deliver so we won't have to worry about taking the kids in the middle of the night to grandma's or finding someone to take them while we recover in the hospital. IF there is an early delivery I will be able to worry free spend time up at the hospital knowing the kids are at home in good hands.

SEE why I'm on cloud nine !!! I'm so thrilled I just peed a little.

Oh. Nicole's mom (who is a cop by the by, as is her dad) called J and talked to her. She told J that Nicole had offers in France and Ireland and that her WHOLE reason to nanny was to use her newly acquired French language. She said that she was going to France and then the next she knew she was coming to Utah to work with us. Her mother was as confused as we still are. I hope we can make this a good experience for her.
FRANCE...HELLOOOO....IRELAND ! I'm thinking of leaving Nicole here and taking that job !

P.S. I didn't mention anything about blogging all about our time together in the contract we had her sign. :)
I will for sure ask her before posting pictures.

It's 55 degrees outside and I'm off to play with the kids. They LOVE the playhouse this year. It helps that the neighbors who have used it more than my kids, carpeted the upstairs :)
You have read this article with the title Au Pair-ently you had questions.. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/04/au-pair-ently-you-had-questions.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Au Pair-ently you had questions."