The end !
(if I included any more words I would have had to tell you how one of the houses we BBQ'd at looked like it came out of a pottery barn magazine and then I would have to add..that one of my children broke a ceramic ball from the coffee table. OF COURSE it had to be MY baby DAMN IT! )
OH MY HOLY BINKY NIGHTMARES.
I SERIOUSLY don't think I should have taken the binky away. It's been just over a week now and nighttime/nap times are still a nightmare. She just can't seem to comfort herself. I have tried to replace the comfort item with a doll, stuffed animal, blanket.
I have told her stories, taken her potty, sat on her floor, rubbed her back.
It seems that once she's ALL but asleep...tickling her back seems to do the trick.
(this is after SEVERAL trips to put her back to bed, calm her down because she is crying or thrashing around)
She has been waking up in the middle of the night and can't put herself back to sleep. She cries and screams.
Nap time is also being affected. It was fine the first few days. Now she won't sleep.
I cut out her nap two days in a row to see if no sleep and playing hard would knock her out at night. Not so much. Plus I NEED nap time.
She has been caught hiding under the kitchen table the last 2 days with her brothers binky.
IN FACT I just took Spencer's binky from her and now she is in the fetal position crying. The ONLY reason it's cute is because she put on her swimming suit from a year ago, and has a melvin as it's much to small for her. (cute little tushy)
I feel like this is a potty training thing. They will do it when they are ready and forcing them before hand is just going to make life miserable for everyone.
NOW...I'm stuck. I can't give her binky back. fuckity fuck fuck fuck.
I wish I would have taken it from her and ONLY given it to her when she slept. Honestly...if you are reading this and contemplating something similar. mark my words. If they aren't ready, you had better be. cush it aint fun ya shee. (that is my best old time Mafia guy impression)
If you are reading this and think that I'm making a big issue out of a small thing. You have NO IDEA how attached she was to this binky.
Any advice ?
You have read this article binky nightmares
with the title 11 words and this Binky thing is for the birds !. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/08/11-words-and-this-binky-thing-is-for.html. Thanks!
No comment for "11 words and this Binky thing is for the birds !"
Post a Comment