
I would like to know, how everyone is going to refer to the dad/donor ?
Syd knows the different dynamics in families. She will say when playing with her dolls, "she's sad, she misses her daddy."
She will also announce to the nice Mormon lady at the library, "I have 2 moms, and 2 brothers."
The "conversation" about who's your daddy probably won't come up for a few years. I don't know though, maybe sooner. I would just like to know what everyone else is planning to explain to their kid(s).
What does everyone think ? What have you discussed or are telling your kids ?
I've thought about the honest approach, calling him "THE SPERM DONOR" I don't like the way that sounds. I also have very special feelings for this man who gave me my 3 beautiful children. I know he IS a sperm donor, and went in to it for that reason. I just don't love the way it sounds.
I also feel as if I want them to have a tool to use when faced with questions in school and by their peers. Lets face it we still live in a bigoted world.
I do not feel "guilty" or "bad" because my children do not have a dad. I got over that after Sydney was born. I feel as if the guilt was brought on by societies expectations. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A MOM AND A DAD TO BE NORMAL AND HAPPY !
Even though research has, once again proven that statistic wrong. When pregnant with Syd I kept feeling "guilty" because I was CHOOSING to bring this innocent baby in to my lifestyle.
(sounds from my parents, the churches, the government, teachers, doctors, and those crazy lunatics who picket at gay pride)
My children are healthy, happy, well adjusted (thus far) little people.
They are fed, clothed, and given more opportunities than perhaps I was given.
They have two loving parents, grandparents, Aunts & Uncles, friends, neighbors, doctors and teachers who all care about them.
So my thoughts on not calling him the Sperm Donor are not out of guilt, but because I DO want it to be an easier conversation for them later on in life.
Give me your objections, your points of view. Please....Straight, Gay, come one, come all.
You have read this article sperm donor /
whos the daddy
with the title Who's your daddy ?. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/04/who-your-daddy.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Who's your daddy ?"
Post a Comment