Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

The night we were attacked while sleeping...or something like that.....

Part 2-

We had been in the new house (with newly installed security system) for a couple of months. I was still jumpy and took NyQuil every night to help me sleep. I don't think that watching Cold Case Files on A&E every night helped either.
It's 2o'clock in the morning, I'm SOUND asleep. I wake up INSTANTLY to J yelling, "THEY ARE TRYING TO GET ME, THEY ARE TRYING TO GET ME"
I tried to look at her side of the bed, but my eyes were not awake and could not focus through the dark to see who it was. She was sitting up and waving her arms in front of her.
I didn't think, I acted. I jumped from the bed, flew to the door, sprinted down the hall and made it to the front door in a matter of seconds. I still couldn't see...everything was black. My hand was on the handle of the front door ready to run for help, when I stopped and listened, I remember hearing J run behind me but I didn't know where she went. Where is the murderer...did he have her.
I turned, my heart SERIOUSLY was JUMPING out of my chest with every beat. My head was spinning and thoughts were moving too fast to even grasp any of them coherently.
I turned and headed back down the hall....I saw J and Sadie BOTH on the bed in the guest bedroom (now Syd's bedroom). I glanced down the hall to our bedroom, nobody was coming after us. I asked J what happened ?
She answers, out of breath and as scared as me, "I think there's a mouse in the bedroom!"
DOPE ! I remember muttering "WHAT!" but I wasn't pissed, I just thought, I had better get in there and make sure it's a mouse and not a serial rapist hiding under our bed.
I walked in, flipped on the lights from in the hall, slowly entered. Looked under the covers, looked under the bed, looked in the closet, and bathroom, checked the window....NOTHING!
Now my body is starting to wake up, my brain has turned on and is powering up.
I walk back in the guest room and said, "There is no mouse in there."
"OH!" J still winded, "it must have been a dream."
I'm awake now....my brain has caught up to my adrenalin.
"A DREAM, A FUCKING DREAM!" I just came THIS close to having my nuts ripped off by a mass murderer. I just experienced what people feel when they know they are about to be killed. "A DREAM !.....G-R-E-A-T !"
"I'm sorry." Sadie climbs down from the bed (pussy) and walks back with J to the hallway. "Let's go back to bed."
"I CAN'T GO TO BED....I WON'T EVER BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO BED !....MY HEART IS RACING 120 MILES AN HOUR AND I CAN'T BREATH ! LET'S GO TO BED.....SLEEP GOOD....FUCK, I MIGHT AS WELL DO LAUNDRY !" at this point I slam open the closet and start doing laundry.
J apologizes again, and tells me to try and lay down...maybe I will be able to fall back to sleep.

WHAT THE.....! I did fall back to sleep, about 45 minutes later, after all of the laundry was done and after drinking another FULL cup of NyQuil.
ha ha ha ha
We laugh our asses off at this story now. The next day we laughed pretty hard...not so much that night, but when telling the story the next day...I joined in.
Well, J laughs her ass off, mine is more of a cynical chuckle my ass off ! :)


P.S. Welcome to blog land Kori !
You have read this article with the title The night we were attacked while sleeping...or something like that...... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/04/night-we-were-attacked-while-sleepingor.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The night we were attacked while sleeping...or something like that....."