I wanted to share a recipe with you. It's easy, it's good, and that makes everyone happy. Happy is good.
It's also a casserole. Those of you out there who have not tried casserole, wich is basically defined as throwing several items in to a dish and baking it....need to give this one a try.
I'm sure there are several versions of this recipe out there. I do not know where it originated from, maybe from the back of a cream of chicken soup can. :) It came from my grandma-to my mother-to me-and now happily to you.
I wish I had a picture to show you but alas, this is on next weeks menu. Preparation time 10 minutes. Bake time 1 1/2 hr (total).
From my kitchen to yours :
Rice and Chicken Casserole
1 1/2c raw rice (no Minute Rice)
3 c cold water
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 skinless breasts
1 pkg. onion soup
1 1/2c shredded cheese (I use chedder)
In a 9x13 pan spread dry rice. Sprinkle 1c shredded cheese and onion soup mix over the rice. (no need to stir) Seperate chicken across the top of the rice. (salt and pepper) open can of soup and with a spoon stir until smooth. Then smooth the soup evenly on top of each piece of chicken until gone. Pour water over entire dish.
Bake 1 hr. at 350.
Sprinkle remaining cheese, cover with foil and bake another 1/2 hr.
Eat.
P.S. If anyone else has a quick and easy dish that you love, and to help make a crazy mothers life a little easier....let me know.
P.S.S Mac and Cheese doesn't count.
You have read this article chicken casserole
with the title Easy as 1-2-3. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/03/easy-as-1-2-3.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Easy as 1-2-3"
Post a Comment