Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

crack baby?

Crack baby?
Crack baby???Crack baby... my nephew?
I sure hope not. My brother is not crack user. His gf was. She was using crack during first trimester. She found out that she was pregnant. She was struggling to stop. As she said she stopped at the 3/4th months of pregnant. My brother could've left her but he in madly in love with her. They have been together for more than 5 years - maybe 7 years now.Baby due in April 28th.

As the time get near, I started to wonder - Will he be ok? If mother didn’t use any drug and child happen to have some kind of disability (ies) then it’s ok. But mother uses drug and knowing it will do a big harm to baby! That bothers me! What's more - she is studying to be nurse for NICU (unfortunely, she didn’t complete her college degree - only need one more semester and internship). She knows what can harm to babies! I'm hoping that she will go back and finish. I'm sure she will help a lot of people in the future if she chooses to do the right path. (So far, she has been clean for 3/4 months now - hope she tells us the truth)

My mom said, she went with her to dr appt. Baby's heartbeat sounds strong and in a good size. I'm praying for the best. My brother will get full custody of the baby even though they are living together. As his gf signed paper that she had used crack while she was pregnant. I never dreamt that my 'to be' nephew might be a "crack baby".

Our kids and I will go up NY to see my family and at the same time - baby shower for my brother and his gf. We are suppose to leave here this coming Thursday but Mikaela is begging me to take them to go tomorrow instead of Thursday. She misses her grandparents and cousins.

Don't get me wrong.... I love her - my brother's gf. She is awesome! She's so good to my family. She loves our kids. Just that she has some kind of addict problem. I am hoping that she stops using them for the rest of her life.
My brother sometime blamed himself for letting her go. One evening, my brother's gf told him that she wants to spend time with her friends at the club. My brother said - sure you go ahead and have fun! She never came home for 3 days. My brother lost his job because he has to take care of her two kids (not his). Finally, she came home and looked awful! Luckily, he got his job back after his friends (co-workers) explained to his boss. Few years later, she decided to go and get help - got into rehab. She was doing very well til she was ready to go back home. Unfortunely, she went back and using them. Now she wished that she never had tried. Now, she is worry about the baby as we are. Doctors said, "Baby heart beats - strong and baby’s body is a good size for his age – again… we won't know if he has other issues til baby born"

I told my brother, Your a great guy! Your not selfish! You let her whatever she wants to... It just happened at the wrong time and wrong place.

My brother - he s special guy! I know he will be a great father because he is an awesome uncle to our kids!
You have read this article crack / nephew with the title crack baby?. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/03/crack-baby.html. Thanks!

No comment for "crack baby?"