Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Art Journal Every Day - Week One...

I have been having so much fun with the Art Journal Every Day challenge! I think the most freeing thing about it has been the thought that I don't have to finish a page every day - just work on something for 10 minutes or so. I've also adopted the idea that I can just grab any journal willy nilly and work in it. No schedule - whatever I'm in the mood for - yeayyy! The results of my first week are these two finished pages:

The first one is in my doodle book...

The second one is in my watercolor sketch book - this one is for the sketchbook challenge...

I'm really happy with how each of them turned out. I'm amazed at what you can do with just a few minutes here and there. It adds up over a week's time!

Here's how the process went over the course of a week:

Friday, January 31:

I pasted the elephant illustration in my doodle book and started doodling around him during phone calls...

later in the day I started coloring with my markers...


Saturday, January 1st:

The sketchbook challenge started (click here to check it out). The theme for January is "Highly Prized." I had this photo of Willie that I love, so I decided to try to sketch it. It felt a little intimidating because I haven't sketched in years....


I told myself - just ten minutes, and don't stress about it. I was happy with how it started out (and glad I had chosen a very small book to sketch in)...

more doodling...

Sunday, January 2:
I added some white highlights with my sharpie, and decided drawing is fun again!

Later I started pasting background tidbits willy nilly into my Nancy Drew Journal...


More coloring doodles...


Tuesday, January 4:

Finished my first doodle page!


Wednesday, January 5:

Added some cool greys and finished my first sketchbook challenge page!

This 10 minutes at a time approach to art journaling is so much fun! How about you? Are you doing the sketchbook challenge and/or the Art Journaling Every Day (AJED) challenge? How's it going?

I'm looking forward to checking out Julie's update on AJED tomorrow!

Tomorrow I will be back to share some photos of a beautiful paper line designed by a friend - I just received it and can't wait to start playing!

Thanks for visiting and have an awesome day!
You have read this article with the title Art Journal Every Day - Week One.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/01/art-journal-every-day-week-one.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Art Journal Every Day - Week One..."