When September began, I was full of enthusiasm and plans; today is the last day of the month and I will recap a bit for you. I joined a Triangle Knit along on Ravelry: the above photos are of the triangle free-range shawl that I knitted (4 different yarns mixed along with a stockinet border, garter stitch for the center, and random rows of lace. I also made a triangle pin from scrap fabrics and trims.
I joined the Fat Quarterly blog quilt along and sewed this quilt top - I still have to quilt it but don't have time this week to do that. I will probably get it layered and basted this week and then hand quilt it over the next few weeks. For both of these projects, I used supplies that I had in my stash - can you believe that I never set foot in Michael's the entire month?!
I started a new watercolor portrait painting class on Tuesday; I love the teacher's method and hope to have something to show very soon.
Our budget was a disaster this month - repairs to both cards, Dan had a filling fall out (can you believe $225 for 15 minutes to grind off the rough edges and put in the new filling - no anesthesia?), and several other bills that were higher than expected. Thankfully we have enough but it's still aggravating. I did find a great French wine that was quite inexpensive and I purchased several cases for the winter. I won the bag of laces from Prima (yay!) and I was able to get quite a few art books and brand new books from the library - and I am sure I am forgetting some of the other things - good and bad - that happened this past month but THAT'S LIFE!
On to October, probably my favorite month of the year. I will be extra busy with 2 painting classes a week and working at the book store and gift shop. Sewing clothes will be one of my main activities this month, and I am in charge of the contest on Scrapgal this month so that will take some time - it will be fun - wait until you see what I have made as examples!
Thanks for reading this long post and have a super day!
ttfn
Chris
You have read this article a few of my favorite things /
knitting /
quilting
with the title TAAFOMFT and a September Recap. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/09/taafomft-and-september-recap.html. Thanks!




No comment for "TAAFOMFT and a September Recap"
Post a Comment