364 days......363 days..... UGH ! I wish that we could do this 2-7 times a year.
WHAT a great trip. We went to Sonoma. We stayed in a little town called Cazadero. For my Utah friends....it's a little bit of San Fran a dash of Bear Lake with a sprinkle of Park City. Most of all it was BEAUTIFUL. The redwoods and oh maw gawsh marsha the smell. I wish that there was a redwood tree scentsty smeller and I would buy a 10lb brick of it and burn it in my house year round.
Our house/cabin was quaint and simple and perfect. The creek was our backyard and we would listen to it as we fell asleep. We also had a sky light above our bed....and like a mobile for a baby it kept our attention quite a bit. :) It was fun to know what the weather was like at any glance and to be able to lay and look up at redwoods wasn't so bad either.
It just happened to be women's weekend in Cazadero....whatever the hell that means. Well, what that means is that a bunch of lezzies come in town to hang out :) We fit right in.
I forgot my camera. I know. I know. We were able to take a few pictures with J's phone but there were so many times that I would drop the f bomb because "there it is, the perfect picture moment" and me without my fuckin camera. And although J's phone is pretty good at capturing the moment for a phone camera....it's just not my Canon. :(
We saw whales and sea lions and seals. We saw rabbits and squirrels and a mouse. We saw a grammy nominated Jazz performer and a couple of drag queens and a lady dressed up like a mermaid. We tasted wine and even bought a bottle and saw a dog the size of a horse. We drove on windy roads and then drove on windy roads and then drove on windy roads and then threw up. Ok, I didn't throw up but I wanted to.
We bought candy and croissants and lesbian porn. We sat in the hot tub, slept in and took naps.
We wanted to go rappelling and zip lining but they were all sold out :( We also wanted to horse back ride but decided the whales were something we couldn't see at home and they were putting on quite the show so we went to see them instead. but I was promised to go riding when we got home. I have it written down J, you have to take me now :)
We left 1/4 bottle of wine in the fridge....what the hell, I know....we left the lesbian porn we bought....it wasn't the sweet love story that we thought it was :)...we left J's purse in our National rental car but after a full circle on the shuttle bus were able to retrieve it....we left our thank you's for a wonderful stay in a guest book and signed our names hoping to one day return to fill in another page.
As I picked up toys for the ten hundreth time today, reapplied diaper after diaper I was able to close my eyes and for a brief moment return to smell those redwood trees, appreciate the stillness, holding my wife's hand, listening to nothing but the water as it trickled over the rocks whiledst still sporting the light fuzzy feeling in my head from the drinks I had partaken of at dinner. aaaaah.....
and then suhLAM...."MOM...MOM...GET ME MILK. Make dinner I'm hungry. MO-UM, the inside of Nathan's diaper is all over the living room !"
Reality Bites people....right in the ass it bites !
Will add photo's later. Blogger won't let me now.
****update****
Is blogger not letting anyone else post pictures either ? Well I found a secret way. HA HA blogger HA. HA.
J relaxing on the deck.

This is the view from the side of the house to the gate entrance at the front of the house.

One view from the deck.

Another view out off of the deck. LOVED it.

Sitting in the hot tub....looking up....this was the view.

A whale. yeah, so J's cell doesn't have very good zooming qualities. There were a ton of them blowing and diving...it was really quite the site.

More whales.

Seals
Just an amazing view of the ocean
And this....this would have been the best picture...there was the COOLEST cobweb in the opening...perfect pattern and near flawless shape. There were so many things that were beautiful here.
You have read this article with the title And now the count down begins again..... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/09/and-now-count-down-begins-again.html. Thanks!
No comment for "And now the count down begins again...."
Post a Comment