I haven't mentioned my new pediatrician I don't think.
(vibrato) LOOOOOVE her. Love her. She is SO down to earth and she feels like an old friend and I feel 100 % confident in her opinions. aaaand, she hasn't told me to hit my kids. and yes, she's met them all.
She is awesome. She job shares with several other doctors in this office so she only works 3 days a week. (great job right?) I have seen 2 of her partners twice and they are just as great. Really liking the move.
ANY ways. We got on to the subject of religion (go figure) and had a quick conversation about how we are both from Mormon families. She then went on to tell me about a conversation between her husband and a couple of senior missionaries that stopped by during a family function.
He talked about prop 8 and how they couldn't be a part of a religion that didn't support gay marriage...etc...etc. That's when she told me about her gay sister and her wife and their 9 year old daughter (from the wife's previous straight relationship)
Our pediatrician has always been very nice and open with me. She brings up and asks questions about the donor all of the time. Again, very comfortable. I guess I now know why.
And yes...I will admit it....it made me like her even more ! :)
Nathan : aka tank soon to be our linebacker
Weight : 30 lbs 75%
Height : 36 in 95%
Head : 19.6 in
Ryan :
Weight : 27 lbs 40%
Height : 35 in 75%
Head : 19.5
And as you'd have guessed it...they are practically perfect in every way.
I have a few concerns about their speech. I have no way of gauging what is normal and what is considered behind.
I just recently read in Sydney's book that she was singing twinkle twinkle and pretty well at 18 months old. Counting by 2.
The boys, not so much. I didn't worry about them because according to the pediatrician I only needed to be able to understand what they were saying and they needed to be forming 2 word sentences which they were doing.
The babies aren't singing twinkle twinkle and lets be honest....we know it's because I'm not taking them to gymboree classes and spending all of my time on the floor with them playing and reading books. They are saying between 50-100 words and forming 2-4 word sentences. sometimes I understand them. and sometimes others can.
I worry though. I hope that we don't have the same kind of speech problems as the older boys.
I feel badly about it because I feel like it's Spencer and Cameron's intellect that is being judged by others when they can't understand them. They are so smart inside....it's just being able to express it verbally that's hard.
Spencer starts his speech classes at the local elementary school in a couple of weeks. Both boys start preschool at the neighbors (same one Syd went to) in a couple of weeks. Sydney starts FIRST GRADE in a couple of weeks. She will be in school from 8'ish in the morning ALLLLLL the way until 3:30 pm. Full day. a FULL day of school.
I feel happy and then I miss her. but mostly I just feel overjoyed and delirious :)
Sydney goes back to piano in a couple of weeks. and the boys already have 1 gymnastics class under their belt. They can do an arch up. I'll have to get pictures at their next class to share.
In a couple of weeks my life is going to change dramatically.
Life is move move moving along. I feel like I'm going to blink and the leaves will be changing colors.
It goes too fast sometimes....but it's all so exciting. I just have to keep typing it all down so that one day I can come back and remember how worried I was. How hard it all seemed....and how great my life really is.
Pictures of Spencer and Cam. My most darling and astute "stupee" (super as Spencer would say) heros !
My mom made these reversable capes for the big boys for their birthdays. I love the little details she added, for instance Cam's cape has a C, for Supercam :)
You have read this article with the title My pediatrician came out to me. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-pediatrician-came-out-to-me.html. Thanks!




No comment for "My pediatrician came out to me"
Post a Comment