Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Winner winner and a "little" art

Good morning!!!! hope you joined us for scrap bingo last night at ScrapGal - we had a great time! The winner of my rak from the blog hop last weekend is per random number generator - 25 - and that is trace-e. Congrats trace-e - please email me your address or pm me at ScrapGal and I will mail you the rak of scrapping goodies. Thanks so much to everyone who played along and please join us next month on the May 14/15 for a fantastic crop.
A local gallery is having a special Cinco de Mayo exhibition of 5inch by 5inch paintings on canvas so I am entering one. Canvas is for acrylic or oil, not watercolor so I painted a watercolor on paper, cut it, and then adhered it to the canvas. The sealant caused some of the watercolor paint to shift and blend but I think it gave it a softer look. All the paintings will be for sale. Here are some side views
 Since I changed my artistic philosophy recently about not creating to display product and to create based on my own feelings and intuition, I have been painting quite a bit and also creating layouts that I am much much happier with. Yesterday I actually spent 4 hours on one layout, making flowers for it and hand painting a Prima flower to match. I am super happy with it but can't show it yet. I have also been playing with the May Sampler kit (sadly my last one) and have done 2 layouts so far. I got so engrossed in my studio yesterday that I forgot to start our leftovers soup (we usually have soup every couple of weeks using up pretty much whatever is in the fridge - yesterday was a beef vegetable). I had meant to start it about 3 and let it meld. When Dan got home from golf at 5:30, he called me out of the studio for a glass of wine and suddenly I realized that I had spaced dinner - he began to laugh - he says that my studio is a time warp and that I lose all track of time - he calls my studio THE WARP.  Anyway, he thought it was very funny and took me out for pizza - yum! Tonight we will have the soup.
Thanks for reading my ramblings and come back tomorrow - I am going to post a collage that I did after watching one of the Prima online workshops and some paper that I created with mists and stamping.
Have a great Saturday - it is beautiful here!
ttfn
Chris
You have read this article Scrapgal / The Sampler / watercolor with the title Winner winner and a "little" art. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/04/winner-winner-and-art.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Winner winner and a "little" art"