Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Ward Campout

I wrote this post like 1500 times on the road trip home while listening to Barbara Streisand, Olivia Newton John, The Judds and awesome hits of the 80's on my ipod.  I had an idea of the pictures I was able to capture and prayed that they would turn out.  I put witty quotations next to pictures of my children and made the trip sound hard but worth it.

Fast forward to today.   I wouldn't allow myself on the computer until all of my shit in the house was done.     It's still not done.   and this post isn't going to be witty or sound worth it.  but it was fun and I'm glad we went.

We went camping with our neighbors to Zions National Park.   We called it the ward campout because all of the neighbors that go, happen to be in the ward.  (it was not the ward campout)  We've been invited before and were just too nervous to go.    J finally said this year, let's just go.    I asked her if we could invite some friends (a little like needing someone to go to the bathroom in the bar with you)
She said, "no, this will force us to hang out with people that we don't know"
Good concept. (still nervous though)

Everyone was so welcoming and friendly.   We were lucky that the group of people going were all close neighbors in relation to our house.   We knew all of them.  and knew, knew 1/2 of them.

We hiked.   The teenage boys carried our babies for us because OH MY GOD is that hard.  
Are you kidding me.  I had one strapped on for a matter of minutes and was already feeling spasms between my shoulder blades.
I did end up carrying Ryan for the last half because he was NOT having it and nobody could stand the crying any more.    I suppose the accoustics in the mountains didn't help.
Or in the campground.  during dinner.  at night.  in the morning.  midday.  right after naps.
He didn't feel good.  Both babies noses didn't stop and they sound super congested.  What did I expect to happen.

It was cold enough that we spent more time in our trailer than I would have liked.   And even with a DVD player and TV, Bolt is only good 3 times and then you had better have something else to do.
The crying and fighting and non baby proofed trailer had me frazzled by day 2.    
The kids managed to break 3 different things on the trailer.   One being the stove door. 
The babies would pull it open and then would climb on it to reach stuff on the counter/stove top.    And sometimes because they liked it when we screamed, "NO, GET DOWN !!" for the 10 thousandth time.

We ended up not having a spot for the last night and I'm glad we came home a day early.   I think under different circumstances (the weather, not being right by a river) it would have been a more relaxing trip for me.

Here are some pictures.  
We lost out little camera.  J has this thing with me taking my Cannon.   She doesn't want it to get hurt or lost...which I get...but these were important pictures to capture.  It's Zions man.
We stopped at Wally's in Cedar city and bought a 39.00 camera. a 17.00 card. and 5.00 AAA batteries.
I suppose, you get what you paid for, which is exactly what happened.

I (heart) these boys !!!
I only hope that my boys grow up as nice as they are.
A bunch of kids were climbing up this rock, so when my kids headed up I thought, no big deal.  The worst that could happen is they could slide down a little rough.
Once Syd was on top I made the mistake of asking what was on the other side.   One of the guys said, it's pretty much a drop off.   I immediately started calling for my kids to return to the ground.  oh holy shit.

There was a playground at camp.
and also that one really sweet moment
I also didn't set the time/date on the camera.   I also don't know how to set the time/date on the camera or how to get the damn time/date off of the bottom of my pictures.  URGH!

I'm not sure if they'll invite us again.  but if they do.  we're TOTALLY going.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.




You have read this article with the title Ward Campout. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/04/ward-campout.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Ward Campout"