Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Mother's Day album

Good morning! I thought I would share a new project just finished that is very dear to my heart - a memorial album to my Mother. My Mother was one of the best people I have been privileged enough to have known - she was a loving mother, an excellent nurse, and just a fantastic person - she is my inspiration to sew and cook, and I have never met anyone more fun to go shopping with. After ten years, I still miss her.

When I got these beautiful blue Prima flowers, I knew that I wanted to do something with them en mass to show off their beauty. My wonderful friend and "boss" Julie had sent me some fantastic ruffled blue lace and it looked perfect with the Primas so I made a bigger flower from the Julie lace and an old K&co brad. To house my little album, I used an old AOL advertising mailer. I pulled off the outside laminated cover which left a sticky fiberboard container. I cut a long strip of cardstock to fit inside as fold-out pages on to which I adhered Gecko Galz patterned papers and ephemera, photos of my mother, and embellishments.
I added vintage laces and lots of buttons (most are Gecko Galz beautiful vintage style buttons) and a few other odds and ends that called to me as I looked through my embellishments.

Hope you enjoyed this little album and be sure to check out my posts from Thursday, Friday and yesterday about the blog hop and challenges. Have a wonderful Sunday!
ttfn
Chris
You have read this article altered art / Gecko Galz / Mother / Prima with the title Mother's Day album. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/04/mother-day-album.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Mother's Day album"