This picture cracks me up. Carly looks so CHUNKY! She got three shots today. Hep, Chicken and something else. Poor thing. She really felt them this time. She cried so hard, but I'm happy she'll be protected from those nasty viruses.
Carly grew almost three inches since the last time they measured, which was in January? She is now 34 inches and weighs 24.8 oz :) She is in the 95th percentile for weight and 97 and above for her height and head size. She's big!
Today I was walking to my car and thinking about this weekend! We're going to be celebrating Carly's first birthday!!! I'm thrilled for her... Anyway, the vice principal said Hi to me and I told her that we were going to Celebrate Carly's 1st birthday and I said, "She's so big!" (Meaning, she's grown up so fast! ) And the VP said, "Is your husband tall?" I hate it when people ask me about my husband because then I feel like I either have to 'come out' or lie and I'm a terrible liar. So, since the donor only 5'9 and Tina's only 5'3 I said, "NO, but she takes after me." Then there was sort of a weird uncomfortable silence and I said good-bye. She was probably getting a visual of me with a very short man. haha. SO STUPID. I hate that...but really...the VP is not my friend. I don't know if she's married or what her situation is, so whatever. I still hate feeling like I lied. I could've said, "I don't have a husband, I have a wife and we used a donor to have Carly s and yeah, he was only 5'9 which is an inch shorter than me..." but that's a lot to take in for small talk.
Back to the check up, the doctor said as long as Carly's getting enough fat from cheese, avocado or yogurt she should be fine. She said that she would eventually take the milk if I offer it enough times. Carly actually liked the milk in my cereal yesterday. She was curious to what I was eating, so I gave her a try. I use nonfat milk though and she needs to like D so her brain develops properly.
You have read this article with the title 1 YEAR check up and shots!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/04/1-year-check-up-and-shots.html. Thanks!
No comment for "1 YEAR check up and shots!"
Post a Comment