How do you define Success ?
Is it your job, your mind, your money ? Is it by the success of your children, their jobs, their money, their education ? Is it winning everything, or just being able to try ? Is it being loved and the ability to love someone else ?
I would like to say it's a measure of happiness and contentedness in your life. and damn it I try and tell myself that I believe that.
My success right now is wrapped up in raising good kids who grow up to be good people. and then...that's where I get stuck. Do I want them to strive for everything....the education, the career, the money, the family, the love ? (J would have me add, the sports career, and then I quickly acknowledge her and continue) and all of that will make them happy. right ? I will be able to say I succeeded. I am a success.
You see, this is my job. raising all of these kids. The outcome all depends on what I do. how I do it. the decisions I make. whether they eat organic wheat bread or white processed bread. it all plays this role in to who they become and if they don't measure up, well, then...I'm a failure. I didn't do my job.
Or at least that's the way I feel. And lately I feel like I'm working my ASS off and yet I'm still failing.
I also have this added pressure. I'm not sure if you feel it too ? but I feel like, if my kids grow up and become slugs....good for nothin'....it's because they were raised with 2 moms. They never had a chance.
I feel like I HAVE to raise kids who don't just pass the bar but fly over it. Just to prove that HEY, GUESS WHAT....I raised happy, healthy, successful kids and I'm GAY ! You ever feel like that ? Like you have to work twice as hard to prove yourself, because you want to prove to those lawmakers and religious folk who want us to fail, that we not only succeeded but produced something EXTRAORDINARY !
(ya, no pressure kids, none at all)
Yet I'm certain that we all want our kids to be amazing. to change the world, find a cure for cancer, invent the next car that runs on recycled plastic, save puppies and orphans and heal the blind.
I am trying to define what success means to me. to my family. Once I can define it, I can work on accomplishing it. Right now I feel like a failure and yet I have nothing to base it upon. yet I'm letting that feeling wreak havoc in my life.
So tell me, What is your definition of Success ?
And what is it that you are doing now to raise successful kids ? It can be anything. What's important to you ?
You have read this article with the title A Success Story !. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/01/success-story.html. Thanks!
No comment for "A Success Story !"
Post a Comment