Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Merry Christmas....

Everything is ready.....and in the car......For a 12 hour journey to visit my dad and his family. The kids are excited but I do not think they understand what we are about to do. I bought DVD players for the car and have a ton of movies for them to watch but guess what my kids don't watch much TV so I don't know how long it will keep them occupied. I bought stuff for them to color pictures, too, they like to draw. Jasin and I went round and round if we should take their presents with us and we decided we would. We decided to do things a little different this year. I think Christmas has become so commercialized. If my kids want or more important need something we just go get it. We don't wait for birthday or Christmas to get it....I do not know how many times I heard...you better be good or santa won't bring you any presents....I think that could give a kid nightmares. I think they should be good all the time just because it is right....I know, I know kids will be kids and honestly we are very forgiving of that. I have a teenage girl who wants a 2 page list of specific clothes and shoes.....Guess what they do not have it in stock nor do they have her size so what is she getting for christmas a shopping spree with mom and a bass guitar. The boys are a little easier. We have not ventured into the video game realm yet....have you ever watched a kid sit in a chair and zone out on his game, walk to the car zoned out on his game, sit in the car zoned out on his game then play it all afternoon at home. We have and personally I would rather them use there imagination playing in the dirt outside, It all washes off in the bath. When they do not have it they don't know any different....Plus If you get them some game ststem this year they just come out with another one that is more expensive and better next year. Oh.....not to mention you are spending $200 on one handheld game thingy when they are 6,7,8,9........what do you get them when they are 15,16,17...... A rocket to go to the moon...... Jacob and Jesse got a bunch of toys and games last year....We spent alot of money....You know the one thing they played with all year long and still have....a $25 BB gun I bought at Walmart! So this year what do they say they want a BB gun.....So we got them the mac daddy of BB guns and spent $50. They are gonna freak out!!! So will my Dad when they want to shoot them in his back yard....Hehehehehe, LOL. As for Jaxon.....Hmmmmmm. A cardboard box will do him fine. Well we got him a dump truck that has tools to take it all apart cause thats what he likes to do take everything apart.

All this is me rambling and venting cause we just did our Christmas shopping last night....We decided to take Jaxon with us....Wrong move.... He was tired and all over the place. He played with every toy in the toy store for about 2 seconds max and kept running back to this dump truck so that is what he gets. It was $16.99. People are not very nice at Christmas....We backed out of our first row parking spot and someone zoomed in to take our spot only they were taking up the whole driveway, they would not back up or move slightly to the right to let us get by so what happens we sit in the parking lot for 10 minutes. Then they yell obsenities and laugh in your face when we finally are able to back up and go around. Mean people.

So Christmas shopping is done.....Well Kind of. I had a few gifts I needed to send off in the mail before Christmas and time just ran away from me. So they will go in the mail when I return and just arrive very early for next Christmas...Hahahahahaha...LOL.

Have a very, very, very Merry Christmas....Remember Him this season.

What can I give Him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a lamb.
If I were a Wise Man
I would do my part.
Yet what can I give Him?
I give Him my heart.
--Christina Rossetti
Love you always, Amy

You have read this article with the title Merry Christmas..... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/12/merry-christmas.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Merry Christmas...."