Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Have a joyous holiday

One last holiday layout and then on to other things........ Love these Cosmo Cricket Early bird papers (I won the whole set a while back from Heather at Scrapgal) - I think they work perfectly for a vintage Christmas look - I did this layout for both Scrap the poetry (The night before Christmas) and for Scrapfit (C = Cosmo Cricket, A = alphas, N = Noel, and E= embellishments or ephemera).
And now for something totally different..........
This is a piece that I did for the latest Bad Girls Project 52 - make an arch, sea theme, and use pearls. I got to thinking about the merpeople village under the lake in the Harry Potter books and this is what I created. I went around my yard collecting twigs and I wired them together to make the arch - then I entwined the twigs with pearls, a button necklace, and some fringy stuff. I sprayed the cardboard background with 3 colors of glimmer mist and used the winter trees glimmer screen for additional depth. the sea floor is some crazy packaging that came in a box from an art supply store, I used real sand dollars and some old pearl earrings, and some glitzy ferns from Michaels , some vintage flowers that I won from Let's get shabby, and some wired ribbon that Kimbo sent me. (BTW, this is a temporary creation as there is no way I am leaving my strand of wedding pearls on this - Sarah, hold out for the pearls!)

When I think of the Harry Potter books at this time of year, I remember the Christmases and the crazy sweaters that Mrs. Weasley always made for the children. What happy Christmases - the joy of family, of presents, of feasting!
Here's hoping that you and yours have a joyous holiday full of fun, food, laughter, presents, and good memories - and oh yeah, lots of photos for scrapping.
Thanks for reading my blog - I'll be back on Saturday.
ttfn


You have read this article holidays / scrapbooking with the title Have a joyous holiday. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/12/have-joyous-holiday.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Have a joyous holiday"