Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

A Sliding Card for the Kids

Happy Tuesday! It's Digital Tuesday Challenge day and Anjou is hostessing this week with a wonderful theme of Holiday Wishes! I made a fun little card for a child; the elf runs across the card!


I used a newer Squigglefly image called On the Run, drawn by artist Cheryl Alger! Isn't it wonderful?! So I figured if he's on the run....he should be able to 'run'!

I simply made two slits behind the top panel, slide the ribbon through, attached the top panel to the ribbon with foam dots and layered the whole card front onto a white cardstock base careful not to type in the middle where the ribbon ran! The child can then pull the ribbon back and forward watching the elf run! Sweet, huh?
The DP is K&co, and the coloring is Copics, there's a bit of glitter added for fun! This will be a fun little reminder for a child to make their list....though what child really needs reminded!!! lol

I hope you'll be able to play along with us this week at Digital Tuesday! We love to see all the different 'takes' on the themes!!!

I was inspirated by a few challenges but honestly the card took on a mind of it's own once the elf had the need to run...
Digital Tuesday~use a digi, theme-Holiday Wishes.
Stamps & Smiles~the sketch
One Stop Craft~make a card for a child.....this is where I started!!!
Crafty Cardmakers~use a stamp & a new technique (movable image)
Crafty Creations~a pull-out feature...don't know if this qualifies, but it was fun!

Have a super duper day! Blessings!




.
You have read this article squigglefly with the title A Sliding Card for the Kids. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/11/sliding-card-for-kids.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A Sliding Card for the Kids"