They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
Well, if you arrived here on your journey through the Operation Write Home Veterans Day Blog Hop...WELCOME! OWH does so many wonderful things for American servicemen and women! I am thrilled to be participating in this hop! If you have not come all this way from the start of the hop, click here and you will be taken to the start!
As millions of Americans remember the sacrifice and courage that our military has made and the freedoms that they afford us by that commitment, we honor them with these pieces of artwork. My brother proudly serves in the United States Marines and so I dedicate this post to his service to our country.
On to my cards...
My first card is the card I made for my AnyHero Card. I was fooling around with my Cricut Home Accents cartridge and never ever saw this flower medallion before! I absolutely love, love, love it...how did I ever miss it?? Anyways, I cut out the brown medallion, faux stitched around it and used a Studio G sentiment stamp in the middle. The pattern paper is from a Paper Wardrobe pack called Winter Casual. And then I used some corduroy ribbon which I don't remember where I got and some Olfray green ribbon on top. And finally, I added three green gems to the bottom.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
Well, if you arrived here on your journey through the Operation Write Home Veterans Day Blog Hop...WELCOME! OWH does so many wonderful things for American servicemen and women! I am thrilled to be participating in this hop! If you have not come all this way from the start of the hop, click here and you will be taken to the start!
As millions of Americans remember the sacrifice and courage that our military has made and the freedoms that they afford us by that commitment, we honor them with these pieces of artwork. My brother proudly serves in the United States Marines and so I dedicate this post to his service to our country.
On to my cards...
My first card is the card I made for my AnyHero Card. I was fooling around with my Cricut Home Accents cartridge and never ever saw this flower medallion before! I absolutely love, love, love it...how did I ever miss it?? Anyways, I cut out the brown medallion, faux stitched around it and used a Studio G sentiment stamp in the middle. The pattern paper is from a Paper Wardrobe pack called Winter Casual. And then I used some corduroy ribbon which I don't remember where I got and some Olfray green ribbon on top. And finally, I added three green gems to the bottom.
The second card is my Valentine's Day Card. I also used the Cricut Home Accents cartridge on this card. I cut the "love" sentiment and the tag. The pattern paper is actually a pack I bought at Target's Dollar Spot. And the "Hit, me cupid" stamps is a Studio G. My favorite part of this card is the ribbon on the top of the tag which is pink CAMO!! How cute is that! Imagine what those terrorists would think if they saw that pink camo! ;)
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and for your next stop you will be going to visit, Patti!! She has three darling kids and wait until you see what she has created! Bee-U-T-FUL! :)
Thanks for stopping by...
You have read this article blog hop /
cards /
CFH /
pictures
with the title OWH Veteran's Day Blog Hop.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/11/owh-veteran-day-blog-hop.html. Thanks!

No comment for "OWH Veteran's Day Blog Hop..."
Post a Comment