Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Harlee-Quinnz blog post & ramblings



I did a blog posting on http://www.harleequinnzdesigns.com/blog/ today with a short tutorial on how to make this wallhanging/wreath. I posted this idea a while back but actually redid the piece using glimmer misted Harlee-Quinnz Designs patterned papers for the leaves, and I really like it way better than done with the fabric leaves from Michaels.

It's been a busy week (no surprise!) with work, painting, baking (got the Christmas cake done, bread (in the winter I bake all of our bread), and a key lime cake), getting Christmas presents finished, a couple of layouts (I have very little scrap mojo right now but yesterday I went into photoshop and played with some photos so I am getting it back) scrapped, and watching Project Runway last night ( I thought that Irina would win but so much black!!! Last spring I did layouts inspired by the 3 finalists so I am thinking that would be a fun challenge for myself - I mean, for Irina, how many textures or patterns of black can I find? definitely some birds for the teeshirt designs. For Carol Hannah I could do some blue, and for Althea, probably earth tones.)

I have been reading some really cool books also - I just finished The Forgery of Venus by Michael Gruber - it's sort of a mystery about a forged painting but the twist is that the forger is sort of time traveling and becoming the original painter - sounds strange but fascinating.

My son is coming over for Thanksgiving so I will have to clean up my studio as that is where the fold-out couch is that where he will sleep. Dan has to work on Thanksgiving Day; the golf course closes at 5pm so we will eat our meal in the evening. (Dan volunteers at a golf course and then gets to play golf for free - he works 1 day a week in the summer and 2 days a week in the winter when things are busier). I will be doing the total tradional thing - turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetable, cranberries, relish tray, pumpkin pie and whipped cream, and white wine. YUM!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great Friday - I have to work today but hopefully I will have some new projects to show on Sunday or Monday.

Thanks for reading and ttfn

You have read this article Harlee-Quinnz with the title Harlee-Quinnz blog post & ramblings. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/11/harlee-quinnz-blog-post-ramblings.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Harlee-Quinnz blog post & ramblings"