Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Beetles, Birthdays, and More...

How is your weekend going? Mine is going FAST! Went to look at New Beetles today, as my lease expires early next year... Can't decide on a new color...

Heaven blue?

Salsa Red?

Sunflower Yellow?

or maybe even Harvest Moon Beige?


My first choice was the heaven blue, but when I saw it in person, it doesn't look nearly as blue as in the picture. It's more of a silver color. I wish they still made ORANGE! Hmmmm.... I've got time to think about it.

Becca and Stevie were over for dinner tonite to celebrate both of their birthdays - Stevie turned 18 today, and Becca turned 20 on Wednesday! Here's a pic with the "double cake" Michael made for them. I may be bias, but I sure think they are adorable!
Here's the card I made for Stevie (I totally forgot to take a picture of the one I made for Becca -- drat)...



So, now they are off for the rest of their night's activities; Michael is working on his computer, and I am settling in for an evening of creating. First thing I did was the APAD Prompt for today...
If you click on the image you will see its a pic of some geese parading across a parking lot - that's my car they are in front of. It sure made me smile.

Oh, I also finished my "R is for Reading" page last night. This is for my "A Year In the Life of an Art Journal" project...
I used to love to read so much! Especially mysteries! I started with Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden stories when I was a kid. As I got older my favorites were Mary Higgins Clark and Stephen King! WOW, I hated to see his books end! Oh, and Harry Potter too! But something weird happened when I went through my divorce. I was in the middle of a Harry Potter book when it happened... I lost all ability to focus on reading. I guess I had too much else on my mind; but I never got it back. I've tried to read books and I just can't seem to concentrate on them. I still hope that it will come back at some point. Anyhoo, that is what this page is about. The quote around the edge reads:

"The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought unique to you. Now here it is, set down by someone else... and it is as if a hand has come out and taken yours." ~Alan Bennett

I find that quote applies to lyrics too! But I digress...

Okay, I'm off to work on a Scrapping The Music layout for an upcoming challenge. Wish me luck, and come on back tomorrow for another update! Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments - I really appreciate them!
You have read this article with the title Beetles, Birthdays, and More.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/11/beetles-birthdays-and-more.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Beetles, Birthdays, and More..."