What made it so easy was:
a. limiting my supplies to the few that I brought in my travel kit, plus memorabilia,
b. not worrying about the design. just slap it down write something, leave room for photos and keep going. super simple. love it.
Here are some excerpts from the first half of the journal...
image of the couple was cut from the free magazine you get on the plane...
plenty of time for doodling on the plane...
stuck the menu from our fave restaurant right in there and journaled on it. also pasted a pic of michael at the restaurant on there...
I absolutely loved the little drawing of the pig that was on the takeout menu from Pure Luck, so I made a pocket that it could hang out of...
and put a pic of the restaurant under the menu...
another pic out of the free travel magazine...
the pic of the flower was cut from that thingy you hang on your doorknob telling them what you want for breakfast...


I left lots of room to paste photos when I got home...

Made a pocket to house the Park Guide out of the wrapper from my thickers...
My fave pics got a page all their own (how fabulous are these sweet faces?!!!)
it was fun to crop the photos to fit the odd size pages (like the rhino here)...


So that's about it for the first half of the journal. I am now out of both photo paper and two ink colors. I guess tonight I will be working in my art journal, since that does not require any photos. LOL. Hurry Mr. Fedex man! I need my photo supplies!I also ordered a bulk supply of wires for my bind-it-all so I can make more of these journals!
And thank you again to my super sweet secret sister Andrea for giving me the journal to write in!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!
I'm excited about another art journaling class I found. It's called "A Prompt A Day" by Kelly Kilmer. I love her style and can't wait to start!
Thanks for stopping by and for your comments! See you tomorrow for another post!
You have read this article with the title Travel Journal Part One. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/10/travel-journal-part-one_22.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Travel Journal Part One"
Post a Comment