Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Glimmer Mist and Harlee Quinnz - what fun!!!!!!

I used the cool glimmer mist technique that I saw on a video on Michelle's blog http://www.inspirationeverywhere.blogspot.com/ - I used glossy card stock on the left (there's a 2nd piece per the video but I have already used it on a layout and can't show it yet). The 2 pieces on the right were done on scraps of photo paper and it took the glimmer mist totally differently from the glossy card stock. I also kept the paper on which I did on the spraying (regular card stock) and it is a really cool background. These papers are even cooler in person than in the photo - and they were so much fun to do (of course I ended up with mist all over my hands. LOL!)
I did this layout for Harlee-Quinnz Designs using Harlee-Quinnz Butterfly Gardens Summers Garden paper for the background. I cut out leaves from the Sunlight Bower paper and painted the leaves with watercolor paints. The pictures of Henry the 8th's wives, the patterned paper behind the photo, and the little cutouts all came from the Harlee-Quinnz Henry's Wives ephemera sheet. Other elements are Maya Road flowers, Making Memories brad, leaves from Michael's, cardboard spritzed with Glimmer mist, and a purple velvet flower that I made and added a vintage button.
The quotation reads - Autumn is indeed the crowning glory of the year. ---Rose Kingsley


I will be doing a blog posting on the http://www.harleequinnzdesigns.com/blog/ next Friday. It will be a tutorial for a small wallhanging that you could also use as a card. Each DT member will be doing 2 postings a month.
It's a quiet weekend and that is always a blessing. Dan is glued to the television watching sports - golf and football. I went into the gift shop for a while and then did some work on the computer when I returned home. I am trying to paint this afternoon but you know those days when nothing seems to work - well, this is one of them so I should probably just quit and go read for a while. I will be making stuffed peppers for dinner and I baked a carrot cake yesterday so we will have a piece for dessert. - Hana just came in and told me that she needs to be petted - her psyche is suffering from a lack of attention so
ttfn


You have read this article Harlee-Quinnz / scrapbooking with the title Glimmer Mist and Harlee Quinnz - what fun!!!!!!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/10/glimmer-mist-and-harlee-quinnz-what-fun.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Glimmer Mist and Harlee Quinnz - what fun!!!!!!"