In the past, (for last maybe 3-4 years) Mikaela played soccer - always with all hearing kids. This year, one of my friends wanted his daughter to play on same time as Mikaela. We agreed to formed a team. We asked several parents to have their daughter to play on the team. (6 deaf kids and 4 hearing kids - mikaela is only one who knows signs). Both coach and assist coach are deaf. I'm team manager (3rd coach).


.jpg)
I had to say this... AHHHHHHHHH at last!!! Now, I can chat with other parents like hearing parents always do with other parents. Finally, I feel so normal! I'm tired of standing and looking at other parents laughing n chatting during the game. They always said - your daughter played very well, good, how ya? hi - all that... I want a REAL chat! (Some hearing parents knows signs - just maybe 3 hearing parents do not know signs).
I told Hollie that I'm worried... because we are talking about moving next year (July) and will lose those opportunties. H said - if we have no choice to drive up here for Mikaela to play soccer or sports, then we will. We will let things go by flow.
This time - for a change that we can be ourselves during the game like other hearing parents! Some hearing parents in Mikaela's team are very nice... they are trying to fit in. I was like... wow now it's your turn! Hope you will understand how deaf parents if all are hearing and doesnt know signs.
.jpg)
You have read this article with the title For a change!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/09/for-change.html. Thanks!
No comment for "For a change!"
Post a Comment