Oh my gosh I had so much fun working on this project! I created it as a project for
The Next Step challenge blog's current prompt, which is to use misting and masking, and I'm really happy with how it turned out...

I used the August Studio Calico kit, because, well - it just fit perfectly for the mood I wanted to create! The texture is made with a paper towel and gel medium. The glitter around the frame is vintage glass glitter and the lace is vintage lace from my stash. I used a charcoal stamp pad to do the masking.
Here's a closeup...

The inside cover...

The title page is a project for Dina Wakely's
Masterful Art Journaling Class. The assignment was to do a self-portrait that shows your personality - or how you are feeling right now...

I used Adirondack terracotta spray ink for the background on this, and masked the butterfly.
Here's the inside back cover...

The left side page is more spray ink combined with pink acrylic.
And finally, here's the back cover.

I absolutely loved working with the new
Studio Calico kit! I used the add-on called "
No Place Like Home." It's got a vintage feel with a little bit of magic thrown in. It's fantabulous!
I'm going to use it as an art journal. I can't wait to get started with it!
So, I'm off to get a haircut today, then I should be able to do some scrapping! Next on my project list is the current
Lotus Paperie challenge, which is to use watercolor on a page! Yeayyyy!
I hope your Saturday is fantastic! I will be back tomorrow with another update - thanks for stopping by!
You have read this article with the title My "Next Step" Altered Book is Finally Finished.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-step-altered-book-is-finally.html. Thanks!
No comment for "My "Next Step" Altered Book is Finally Finished..."
Post a Comment