Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Mommy? Mama? Ma?

My mom asked me what we want Carly to call us. I told her that Carly can call us whatever she wants to call us. I'd be happy if she called both Tina and I "Mommy". Does it matter? My mom told me she wants Carly to refer to my step dad as Grandpa instead of Rick. I call him Rick because he married my mom when I was 21. So according to my mom, if I call Rick, "Rick" Carly will call him Rick instead of Grandpa.

I don't think there's a problem if she calls Tina and I both Mommy, since that's what we are. If Carly's crying for Tina and says, "I want Mommy" it will be obvious to me that she wants Tina instead of me. Although, sometimes Tina says, "Daddy's home!" but I think she only wants me to think of her as Daddy.:)

What do you think?
You have read this article with the title Mommy? Mama? Ma?. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/08/mommy-mama-ma.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Mommy? Mama? Ma?"