Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Happy Friday!

One of the projects that I started last night is an assignment from Dina Wakely's Masterful Art Journaling class. The class is actually over now, but alot of us are still working our way through the assignments. This is not a complaint - I LOVE how much I get to learn from the class, long after it is over! Anyhoo, I'm still in the Van Gogh section, and the concept for this is to create emotion through your brush strokes. Here's what I ended up with...
I turn 50 next week and I guess it's got me thinking. Not that 50 is old by any means, but it is a bit of a turning point for me. I'm re-thinking my dreams and goals, and that means letting go of some things that just don't fit for me anymore. Call it growing pains if you will, and I was feeling them when I made this page. It felt good to get it out and I love how the page turned out.

The second project that I started last night is this layout. It's for a challenge at Studio Calico to do a layout with seven photos or more on one page. It was a really good one for me, because I am usually a one-photo per layout kind of gal. I had these photos of Willie that I wanted to scrap anyway, so it was the perfect time...

I used the June Studio Calico kit, and added the Doodlebug and Sassafras alphabet stickers and blue Stampin Up! cardstock.

The journaling reads:
"Johnny wasn't interested but you were - it was so cute. I just wanted one good shot but you were moving too fast and I was laughing. I ended up with this series of imperfect but lovable photos. It's everyday moments like these that brighten my world."

Have you seen that Elsie Flannigan and her friend Rachel Denbow have a new online craft class coming up in September? It looks so fun! I would love to take it, but I'm still figuring out if it's in the budget or not. Check it out here if you're interested.

Alrighty then, I'm off to bed. I hope you have a fabulous Friday! Thanks for stopping by!
You have read this article with the title Happy Friday!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/08/happy-friday_13.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Happy Friday!"