
I regularly visit a fabulous cooking blog called Big Red Kitchen. Recently, she posted a recipe for White Castle Sliders. My 8 y.o. son has been beggin' to have sliders, even after I tell him they are just hamburgers. So, I adapted her recipe a touch...and made into
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
1/4 cup dried onion flakes
2 pounds ground chuck- 80/20 ground beef
1/2 t. seasoned salt
6 slices cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)
24 small party rolls
5 slices of crisp cooked hickory smoked bacon, crumbled
Worcestershire Sauce
Evenly spread the onions on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Gently press the ground beef on top of the onion flakes. Press evenly making one giant pattie. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Using a paper towel, pat the excess grease from the top of the pattie. Top with crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese, return to oven for 2 more minutes. Remove from oven, let set 5 minutes then cut into 24 patties. Slice open and separate each party roll. Place bottom of rolls on a large platter. Using a spatula lift pattie with onion layer onto each bun bottom. Top each slider with bun lid. Serve immediately. Add any other toppings (ketchup, mustard, etc) you wish. Makes 24 Sliders.
Bon Appetit!
p.s. I am so sorry I have been absent to this blog! End of school, gettin' ready for summer, chaperoning field trips, I guess, has put crafting on the back burner! But, after this Tuesday when I throw a birthday pool party cookout for my son's class on the last day of school......I'LL BE BACK!! =)
You have read this article Fabulous Food Friday's
with the title Fabulous Food Friday's.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/06/fabulous-food-friday.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Fabulous Food Friday's..."
Post a Comment