Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

The Card(s) that almost didn't...


I start this tale off by saying if you are not in for a long, torturous story...turn away NOW. This is your last chance....OK, well consider yourself warned!!
.
.
.
warning....you can not turn back now
.
.
.
One of my BBBF (best bloggin' buddy forever) Libby over at Libby's Little Addiction (OK, I realize Libby has just got a look of horror on her face, changed her blog site and is thinking "stalker"....ha,ha!) Just kidding...posted her challenge this week. I was bound and determined to play along. See, last week, I made the most beautiful card.
.
.
.
OK, really........really, Karen.......you half made the most beautiful card on paper.......totally made it in your head. Again, I need to tell the voices in my head to shout louder so I actually accomplish it on paper.
.
.
.
knock, knock
.
.
.
~~~~~crickets chirping~~~~~
.
.
.
OK, has everyone logged off now that I have mentioned voices in my head?? I am just kidding....I actually speak them out load most of the time! Back to the story, those colors were my cup of tea. But, execution did not happen in time and before I knew it I pulled up my Google Reader (don't you just {{LOVE}} Google Reader!!) and Libby was posting her favorite! So, this week, she PROMISED it was an easy one and so I said "I"M IN!!". Let me tell you, this challenge was so easy I made 312,589 cards using this challenge! OK, again........I partially made 312,589 cards using this, as PROMISED, EASY challenge!! Those 312,589 cards currently reside in the trash can, in my garage, waiting for Wednesdays arrival of a big truck which will cart them away....NEVER to be seen again!

But, out of those 312,589 cards, I did manage to salvage 2 cards that I thought were 1/2 way decent!

The first card, I actually love it! It is just simple elegance and most of all I love my pretty bow! Don't you just love a pretty bow! Problem with that bow is that my DH came in as I started to make that bow and about 1/2 hour later he came into and said "how many of those bows are you gonna make?".... I was still working on this ONE bow!



Another look at my pretty bow...



Now, the problem with the first card is it really had NOTHING to do with the challenge. When I went back and looked at Libby's post....the colors were different, definitely had nothing to do with a dog, let alone a Scottie dog. So, I said hmmmm, I remember I bought a dog stamp set...make another one! My twin sister and family just got a new 8 week old chocolate lab, so this would be prefect card to give to them! Started out great...did some simple math figured out how to get my MS cornice border to work on the corners and made my base. From there on out it was horrific! I will spare you the details (I know, I have given way too many details in the post already) but there is red, black, white COVERING my scrap room!!
One positive thing, Libby had sent me some MS red/white twine and I did incorporate it into my card. In the end, I do really love how it came out!



A little close up to show you some further detail...I embossed the white pattern on the black card stock and the paw print/love image. Ran the red card stock thru the Cuttelbug with Swiss Dots.



I apologize for the "cock-eyed" pictures...don't know what happened. I can tell ya, I'm not going to redo them. Too much of that last night! And, I promise I have not had a cocktail this morning! PROMISE!

stuff:
Card 1
me and my BIG ideas pattern paper
Inkadinkado Bold Damasks stamp set
ribbon ala Walmart
Card 2
MS Clear Patterns stamp set
Cloud 9 Dogs stamp set
MS Twine - THANKS LIBBY
Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder
MS Cornice Border punch
Fiskars Star punches

Thanks so much for stopping by...
You have read this article cards / challenges / pictures with the title The Card(s) that almost didn't.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/04/cards-that-almost-didn.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Card(s) that almost didn't..."