Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

In a 70's State of Mind...

Hey everyone! The new song over at Scrapping The Music this week is "We Will Rock You" by Queen! What a fabulous song for scrapping! There are so many directions you could go with this one. For me, it made me think of my high school rock concerts! I spent most of the day yesterday working on my layout and I had SO MUCH FUN! I went through my high school scrapbooks and scanned a bunch of newspaper clippings and ticket stubs from concerts I went to back then. Then I printed them out in black and white and made a background collage. What I ended up with is this double-page layout (remember to click to see more details)...The pics are from a Boston concert in 1976 or 77. I'm the one on the right (in case you can't tell - LOL).

The journaling reads:
I have always loved music, and when I was in high school I lived for rock concerts. We had a group of friends that would go to every concert we could possibly afford. The 70s was a great era for music, and I have some awesome memories of those times. These photos were taken of Judy and Danny, Diane and me at the Boston concert at the St. Paul Civic Center. Diane and I had custom t-shirts made that said "Boston" in holographic letters. There was a shop on Hennepin Avenue in downtown Minneapolis, where you could design your own shirt, and they would make it up for you while you waited. Good music and good memories!

Here's how the individual pages look...

Come on over to Scrapping The Music and play along with us! We'd love to see you there!

Normally I would post my Project 365 photos today; but now that I have the kit, I am going to start posting them on Tuesdays. That will give me Monday evenings to do my layout so I can show you that too!

I wish you a wonderful week my friends - full of photo opportunities and creative inspiration!

See you tomorrow!
You have read this article with the title In a 70's State of Mind.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/03/in-70-state-of-mind.html. Thanks!

No comment for "In a 70's State of Mind..."