Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

I Made A New Friend At The Second-Hand Store...

Happy Saturday everyone! I have a little story to tell you! I stopped at my favorite second-hand store today to look for art journaling supplies. There on one of the shelves was the most uniquely adorable frog I've ever seen! He had jingle bells for eyes and a zipper for a mouth, and his skin was the coolest retro 70's fabric in my favorite bright green colors! I just knew he had to come home to live in my scraproom! When I was looking him over I found a little metal tag on his foot that said "Lisa Drumm" on it. I figured that must be the name of the person who made him, so I googled her when I got home. Sure enough, she is a soft-sculpture artist and she makes the coolest stuff!!! She and her husband have an online gallery - (he does metal sculpture). Check it out! Notice if you unzip his mouth he has a huge orange tongue that comes out! So FUN!!! Now I have to think of a name for him. What do you think? Any ideas???Here is my frog friend along with my other finds of the day. I love the vintage scrapbook too. It's filled with light pinkish paper that's got a great soft texture to it. It's going to be my next art journal! That pink camouflage fabric is like thermal underwear material - it's super soft. I'm picturing some sort of project that will include the matching pink pom poms you see there... Oh, and that is a set of three canvas boards behind it. Talk about fun!
and here is a pic of Willie meeting Mr Frog for the first time...

So, I've been obsessively trying to track my Project 365 kit with the tracking number they gave me. So far I just get a message that says I can't track it yet. AARGH. Waiting is difficult!

I'm off to do a little scrapping before I hit the hay. I will be back tomorrow with another update!
You have read this article with the title I Made A New Friend At The Second-Hand Store.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-made-new-friend-at-second-hand-store.html. Thanks!

No comment for "I Made A New Friend At The Second-Hand Store..."