
I am off to spend the day with a girlfriend who is having surgery today. But, I was asked about my camera I use in my videos. I kinda had to grin when I answer this because I do not have any high tech set up for my videos! ha ha! The camera I use is a Kodak EasyShare Z740 (pictured above). When I originally bought this camera, I did not have a blog or make videos. I was in the market for a reliable digital camera for pictures. And I remember the sales guy saying "if you want to video tape, this is not the camera to buy...very poor quality videos"....well, I think he has mud on his face! ; )
But, there are two other reasons why I think my videos come out well.
1) lighting...I saw on another blog....sorry, I have no recollection what blog : ( .....about a lamp for taking really great pictures of your cards. I also decided to try it with the videos and like the results (although, my camera still sometimes plays tricks on me and wants to adjust the lighting mid-video....arrrrr) I bought it at Walmart for +/- $20 and it is called Sunlight Desk Lamp #1147TR by Lights of America. (pictured below)

2) My husband made a "camera stand" for me. I originally used a tripod, but, I wanted the video to be from "birds eye" view. Not backwards. So, you had to either put your hands thru the tripod and I am not that coordinated or put the tripod in front of you and then the video was backwards. So, all he did was buy an inexpensive desk lamp (similar to below)

He took the "light part" off and it left a ring which he then put a rubber kinda gasket thingy inside and so now when I want to film, I just slip the camera into the ring and it is a perfect shot straight down onto my work space...right side UP!
Hope this answers your questions!!
One more thought for you....I was not willing to spend the money on a light box for photographing my cards. So, I bought some white and gray poster board (the thick kind) cut it with my craft knife and made a cube with one side open. I use the white for darker cards and the gray for white/lighter cards. I use the Sunlight lamp for my lighting and another thing I saw on another blog was to set a hand mirror under your card and the reflection really helps with lighting. Just look at some of my older post (ugh!) and you can see an amazing difference.
Thanks for stopping by...
You have read this article Chatter
with the title Camera and Lighting.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/03/camera-and-lighting.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Camera and Lighting..."
Post a Comment