Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Flocculence


Over on the Work your Soul blog, Kara came up with an awesome word: flocculence

which means soft/light/fluffy/milky/opaque/comforting/pale/sleepy/delicate

so I thought of this shawl that I knitted the winter after the hurricanes - the winter when we lived in a tiny trailer barely more than a camper parked beside our house while it was being gutted and redone. I knitted a lot that winter as it was impossible to do anything that took up much space and the trailer was so cold. After dinner in the evenings, I would curl up on the bed and knit - this fabulous shawl was from a Suss pattern (originally from a scarf kit that came with various soft blue yarns) that I altered. I made it quite a bit larger and used creamy, soft, fluffy, and textured yarns for it. Even now it feels so cuddly to pull around my shoulders. this morning I laid it across 2 pillows and photographed it from all angles - suddenly it became this incredible landscape: mountains, valleys, tall grasses. thanks Kara for the inspiration!
I made the heart pin from vintage buttons and it just seems to compliment the shawl.







You have read this article with the title Flocculence. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/02/flocculence.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Flocculence"