I humbly show you my first altered tin! I thought pregnancy stretched you....well, it's stretching time again!!!! No! I'm not pregnant! I'm stepping out of my box, actually I can't even see my box right now!
So, this is my first tin, my daughter helped cover it in newspaper and put a wash over it. IRL you can see more of the news print! We used pink tissue paper, acrylic paint (ivory, brown, gold), I did use a stamp for the words of love....God's love! Now these three remain, faith, hope and love...but the greatest of these is love. First Corinthians 13:13
She didn't know it while helping me, but this will be my teenage daughter's Valentine. It will be presented to her as a "place to keep her heart" until the Lord shows her who to give it to for marriage! I'll include a small journal, little notes of scripture and some family pictures and I'm sure she will keep her little treasures in it too!
The picture was a download from The Vintage Moth. Abbie freely shares beautiful pictures she finds. It's a lovely place to visit with a cup of coffee and browse all her delightful pictures! Well, you might wonder what lured me from my comfortable cardmaking box...it's this wonderful challenge blog called Object D'Art! Jennie has some great ideas to inspire us!! I hope you'll check it out! This project hit on a few other challenges too...Lots To Do wanted us to use newspaper on our creations. Created by Hand wanted us to be inspired by the word LOVE and Secret Crafter's Claire challenged us to make anything but a card! The lovely ladies @ Ooh-La-La gave us the theme "Love is in the Air"/Valentine. Mission accomplished...now back to my box, I have cards to make! Blessings!
Checkout my little giveaway below...
You have read this article with the title A Valentine Tin. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/01/valentine-tin.html. Thanks!
No comment for "A Valentine Tin"
Post a Comment