Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

So thankful




I have a little story to tell about my morning: yesterday afternoon about 2;30 I stopped by the Humane Society thrift store - I found a Somerset Gallery(summer 2008) for 25 cents and a typesetters drawer (unfortunately I didn't have enough cash to get it). I told Dan about it and he gave me the cash so I went back over to get it when they opened at 9am. On the way - disaster - just as I was making a left turn into the street beside the store, a woman ran the stop sign and crashed into the driver's side of my car, fortunately mostly hitting the back door. Needless to say I was pretty shaken up but so thankful I was not really injured. A rescue unit just happened to be across the street (how strange but fortunate) and one of the emts came rushing over. He called another rescue unit and the county sheriff's office. The other driver hit her head on the windshield and hurt her neck so she was taken to the hospital. Hopefully she was not hurt too badly. I called my husband and he came right away (again how grateful I am). Then of course the deputy sheriff wrote up the accident (the other driver was cited for failure to yield right of way) and I went home to spend time calling the insurance companies, both mine and hers. Now we wait. But, through it all, I just kept feeling so grateful that I wasn't hurt and even now, I know that I am so fortunate. Speaking of fortunate, my son came over to spend Thanksgiving with us and I again feel so grateful to have such a wonderful man as my son. Wishing everyone and anyone who happens to stumble onto this blog a very happy and healthy holiday. I'll be posting photos of my newest quilting project on Friday.
You have read this article holidays with the title So thankful. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/11/so-thankful_26.html. Thanks!

No comment for "So thankful"