



I woke up this morning bursting with scrap challenge ideas so ---I got some coffee and started in - I first got a great photo of Dan and me out of our Bermuda scrapbook, scanned it, and then played with changing the colors in Photoshop. I printed out 4 different versions and then after some soul and paper searching, came up with this old Love Elsie paper (I love it), typed out the journaling, and glued. It needed some embellishment so I remembered some Heidi Grace hearts I had gotten at Big Lots for a dollar and I combined one with another heart from something and an old earring that hurts my ear. this page is for Scrapping across the universe.
Then I started on the Creative Type challenge - to paint letters on the page. I watched the Disney Alice in Wonderland Friday night on tv so I was in an Alice mood - I pulled out my collection of Alice books and found a great page on the rose painting sequence so "I painted my paper red." I used the thick acrylic painting technique that I learned from Lucy's class on sis. I added some playing cards and one tiny white ribbon rose with a dab of red paint.
Yesterday I had finished a layout about my grandfather who was a fire chief. I wrote quite a bit of journaling which is unusual for me but I was inspired by the Jessica Sprague Stories in Hand class.
I was so crazed this morning scrapping that I forgot to eat and to put the chicken in the crockpot - fortunately I remembered about 9am and did it. It will be just fine. Now I am back to working on handmade Christmas projects - yesterday I made a little bird ornament from the Joelle Hoverson book Last minute Patchwork + quilted gifts (my son gave me this book last Christmas and I love it). Today I will cut out 5 more.
You have read this article Across the universe /
scrapbooking
with the title Creation obsession. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/11/creation-obsession.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Creation obsession"
Post a Comment