Shortly, after I started blogging I heard about an organization named Send Love Today. The organization gets card makers to volunteer to send brain tumor patients cards. I knew immediately it was a organization I was interested in getting involved with. Well, today, a special little 8 y.o. boy named Gunner passed away. It is the first death since I started a few months ago and it was really sad to learn of his passing. It hits very close to home, as my son is 7 y.o. I can only imagine how Gunner's mother is feeling tonight. I would imagine with a sick child you might feel peace as they no longer are suffering. But, I am sure that she is completely devastated as well. This is a part of her that is gone. I can not imagine the pain and grieving she will endure.
So, this is a card I made for her and Gunner's family on this sad evening. As I made this card, I sat listening to my son laughing and playing in the living room. It should remind us to cherish each and every moment we have with our loved ones...because as Gunner's mom is feeling tonight, they can be your last ones when you least expect it.
In Memory of Gunner
9/4/00 ~ 10/23/08
You have read this article cards /
pictures /
send love today
with the title In Memory.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/10/in-memory.html. Thanks!
No comment for "In Memory..."
Post a Comment